Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or information about product updates to subscribers.
NOTE: The mailing list feature must be enabled for the domain before creating a mailing list. For instructions on how to enable mailing lists, please refer to this article Enable Mailing Lists for Domains.
- Log in to SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Domain Settings and Mailing Lists folders.
- Click Mailing Lists in the navigation pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- Click the List Settings tab and complete the appropriate fields. The Name and Moderator fields are required. All other list settings are optional. NOTE: Setting the Allowed Posters option to Anyone or Subscribers Only can cause spam issues. Generally, Anyone should never be used, and Subscribers Only should be used for digest mode.
- Click the Options tab and select the appropriate checkboxes to enable the desired mailing list options.
- Click Save.