How do I add additional codes or users to my smart lock?
How do I add new pin numbers to my connected lock?
If your technician set you up with the August Lock app on your phone or tablet, follow these instructions.
If you have one of our other lock sets, please contact support.
- Open the August App and touch the Guest Icon (people/avatars) from the menu on the lower right of the screen.
- Touch the Invite button and then choose Personal Entry Code Only.
- Enter the person’s name. If you do not wish to name them, feel free to simply enter Code 1 or something generic.
- Touch the yellow right facing arrow at the top right of the screen.
- At the Entry Code Invite screen, you MUST change the Entry Code by at least one digit to help bypass a bug in August’s software. To do this simply touch the Entry Code line, enter a change in the number string provided, and then touch the left arrow head a the top left of the screen. The other option on this screen can be edited as desired to schedule when the code will function, etc.
- Remember to touch the [Save Code] button at the bottom of the screen to write the new code to your locks.
If you run into any trouble or have any questions, please contact support – we are ready and waiting to help out!